*This article may contain links to affiliate products & services. We have reviewed these services to try and ensure the highest quality recommendations*
Written by Omari
Millions of people are using Spotify and Apple Music to listen to their favorite tunes and many new artists have been featured on Spotify and Apple Music playlists which has skyrocketed their audience and social media engagement. So how do you get on Spotify playlists? How do you get on Apple Music playlists so that your target audience is hearing your music?
To get featured on Spotify, you need to have your tracks submitted to a Spotify playlist curator or aggregator for your niche of music. After an aggregator reviews your music, they will add you to their playlist.
Let's face it. Free submissions are nice, but you can't expect to get thousands and thousands of plays from them. To get some real traction on Spotify it's best to go with organic Spotify promotion companies.
The good Spotify promo companies will get your track(s) with a hosts of playlists, DJs, blogs, email lists and blogs. Spotify promotion is slightly different than SoundCloud promotion or Youtube music promotion as a big component is getting into the right playlists, blogs or email lists. It isn’t always easy to get yourself in front of curators the free way, so if you have a budget, we've listed some awesome companies below!
1) Find the Spotify playlist curator for your genre of music. This may take some research because some are run by Spotify artist liaisons, others are media figures, and some are run by industry blogs.
We've searched the internet for good services that do not breach the Spotify TOS and offer good, organic promotion for your music.
These services charge a nominal fee, but if you truly believe your music is good, it's worth the investment.
This first one below is the premium service (but still very affordable)! Your song is put into popular, genre specific playlists, email lists, blogs, and social media.
Esther Vallee's Organic Results After Promo
This promotional company offers both SoundCloud and Spotify promotional services. In regards to Spotify, they currently offer Spotify Play Campaigns and Spotify Playlist Promotion. The Play Campaign involves Daimoon Market sending your musical track to a wide network of radio stations, DJs, and other promoters to help gain additional influence and interest in your work.
Daimoon’s Playlist Promotion, meanwhile, helps with Spotify Playlist Placement which in turns helps you to reach more listeners with your music.
Yougrow has delivered 17,000,000+ YouTube views, thousands of subscribers, and a vast handful of organic Spotify streams to their hundreds of clients. They're a solid option to help grow your music business. Try them out side-by-side with another service and let the results speak for themselves.
Songs in these playlists include Chill, EDM, Alt Hip Hop, Lo-Fi, Boom Bap, and Instrumental.
They can put your track in several playlists. In this way, you start having more listeners on your Spotify releases.
Playlist promotion works exponentially. The bigger the campaign, the more Spotify's algorithm will generate additional streams through Discover Weekly & Release Radar.
The curator will place your Hip Hop or Rap track on the best possible lists for 2 to 4 weeks typically. The playlists throughout this network have millions of combined followers, so they have many to source your track to.
Plays, followers, monthly listeners and possible saves are not guaranteed (can't guarantee any specific numbers, that all depends on how popular and engaging your track is).
There's also the possibility that your track will gain 'similar artists' to those artists that are currently on the playlist.
2) Send a professional email with links to your work. Don’t get too wordy here because they don’t have time to weed through a bunch of wording to get to your music. A few short sentences with links will do the job.
3) Get your profile verified. You have to have two hundred fifty followers before you can become verified, but once you have the followers you can submit a request form on Spotify to verify your account. This legitimizes your account and curators are more likely to respond to you.
4) Share your music on social media to gain more followers. If a curator sees that people love you and are following you then you are more likely to get their attention.
5) Share playlists you are already on and follow their Spotify and Apple Music lists. Even if you are on small playlists, share those anyway. The blog ‘Add This Music’ accepts Spotify submissions and is looking to add you to their playlists as well. After you share the playlists tag the curator that you are trying to talk to in the playlist and follow their playlists to try to build an online relationship with them and show you are interested in them, too.
The process is relatively the same as being featured on a playlist on Spotify, but with one addition.
1) Create your own playlist in a theme that you value and add music that you like (obviously including your own music). Don’t make it only your music or no one is going to follow your playlist.
2) Collaborate with other new artists when creating playlists. You feature them on your playlist and they return the favor.
4) Verify your account on Apple Connect (just like verifying through Spotify).
5) Create an online presence (social media, website, etc.) because this shows you are a professional and serious about your music.
New artists’ careers can really take off if they are able to get featured on Spotify or Apple Music. Have you tried any tips to get noticed? We want to hear from you!
When your song is ready to go, it's time to start promoting it to potential fans! Omari has the best organic promotion services money can buy. With packages for Spotify, Apple Music, Instagram, and YouTube, we will get your music the traffic and attention it deserves! Click below for more information.
Join the No-Nonsense Music Marketing Newsletter to get our advertising blueprint that helped us grow our music business to over 7 figures a year!