How To Get Your Music On Spotify, Apple Music, iTunes & Amazon: Review Of Best Distribution Companies
Written by Omari
Today, music is largely distributed using digital music platforms. Most people stream music currently in lieu of buying physical copies of them or even buying digital downloads.
More people buy digital copies of songs than they do of physical copies like CDs, making both streaming and digital download platforms incredibly helpful for artists to make a living off of their music.
There are plenty of options to choose from when it comes to online music distributors. You have Spotify, Amazon, iTunes, Apple Music, and Pandora, to name a few. With so many options, how do you choose one? The answer is that you don't have to. You can showcase your music on multiple platforms.
We are going to show you how you can get your music on the platforms mentioned earlier, so you can share your music with millions of people and get paid for doing so.
How to Get Your Music on Spotify
If you want to know how to become an artist on Spotify, you need not look any further. Your first decision will be which music distributor to go with. These are services which do the actual delivering of your music to Spotify. The process will be similar for any streaming music service.
There are different distributors you can choose from, some of them being the following:
- TuneCore (Whom we’re partnered with for a good reason. They’re one of the most trusted names when it comes to digital distribution)
- DistroKid (A solid second option, but does not have as many features included in the price as Tunecore does. You can get an initial 7% off by clicking the link in this article for Distrokid though)
- CD Baby
There are more, but these are the tried and true juggernauts of the music distribution industry. Since there are so many, in order for you to choose a distributor, you should know a few things, such as:
- Do you create music as a hobby or do you want it to be a career?
- How much music are you anticipating on releasing?
- Do you need additional services such as those promoting your music?
- What amount of volume do you anticipate selling?
- What is your budget?
Depending on your answers, some distributors will naturally be a better fit for you than others.
You will also need to know how to make a Spotify artist account. To do this, you will have to follow these steps:
- Get the Spotify Desktop program for your Mac or PC.
- Go through the setup process of making a normal profile.
- Go to https://artists.spotify.com and request artist verification.
- Get approved and you're done!
When you have a Spotify for Artists account, you get access to all kinds of stats about your music. You can also update your music artist bio data such as your profile image, create playlists of your music, and more. You also get a blue verification check mark.
How to Get Your Music on Apple Music
To learn how to sell music on Apple Music, here is how the process goes. As with getting your music on Spotify, you will need to choose a music distributor and set up an account with them. Upload your music, complete the checkout process, and wait while the music distributor takes care of the rest.
If you choose your music distributor wisely, you will receive 100% of your royalties. You can also receive detailed stats on how your music is doing and selling.
How to Get Your Music on Amazon
Amazon is the largest e-commerce platform on the internet, so you definitely want to get your music onto it. You have two ways of getting your music on Amazon. The harder, but more individualistic, method is to create an account on Amazon and upload your music directly.
The other, simpler, route is to go through an approved music distributor, as with Spotify and Google Play. All you would need to do with this method is to create an account on the distributor's website, upload your songs and album art, and fill out your album information. The distributor will take care of all the dull paperwork you would have had to complete otherwise. The royalties you would receive for every sale of your music would go straight into your account on the distributor's website.
How to Get Your Music on iTunes
You will find the process of getting your music on iTunes similar to the process of getting it on Spotify, Google Play, and Amazon. You need to link up with a music distribution service first. Once you do, simply upload your music and they will send it into iTunes. You will get to keep all of your royalties with most of the distribution platforms. Every time one of your songs gets downloaded, you will receive royalties directly into the account you have with the distributor.
How to Get Your Music on Pandora
If you are looking for how to get your music on Pandora, these are the steps you need to take.
- Create an account. This will be a regular account as if you were not a music artist. You need to take this route to get access to the forms which you would need to submit your music.
- Once you are in your account, you can reach the music submission forms by going to https://submit.pandora.com.
- When you get to the submission form, you will have to fill it out. It only takes a few minutes. but this is the part that will take the longest. The form is fairly straightforward. The prerequisite to submit your music to Pandora is that you have to already have your music on either iTunes, Bandcamp, Amazon, or CD Baby. If you have not done this, you will have to come back to this form another time.
- Submit the form and you're done!
You will then have to play the waiting game, which should take 1-2 weeks. After that, you will have your music on Pandora for nearly 80 million people to enjoy.
When your song is ready to go, it's time to start promoting it to potential fans! Omari has the best organic promotion services money can buy. With packages for SoundCloud, Spotify, Instagram, and YouTube, we will get your music the traffic and attention it deserves! Click below for more information.
SHARE THIS ARTICLE
SPEAK YOUR MIND
Your email will not be published.
How Our Music Business Went From $20K to Over $551,737/YR
Join the Artist Help Program to get my music marketing blueprint that helped me grow my music business to over 6 figures a year!
No Spam Guarantee
KEEP UP WITH OUR SOCIALS!