Emailing marketing, in the age of social media, has more pros to it than one might think. When you build an email fanbase, you instantly have the ability to market your band for free. Sending out consistent band newsletters will ensure free marketing, especially when you have incentives such as free downloads, early previews of music, etc. and encourage your current email followers to share posts.
Just because email is the best way to market your band, and the least expensive, does not mean it should be the only method of marketing. Here is a great way to ensure increased exposure without having to boost your post:
- Make the body of each email sent clickable.
- When the subscriber opens the email, give them the opportunity to finish reading your post on your website by offering a free download on your website at the end of the post.
- To increase exposure through social media, without having to lose money, encourage your email subscribers to follow them on social media, by offering the incentive of the subscriber being followed back by the band.
- To the best of the musicians ability, try to “like” each post shared. This will allow your subscribers to feel a sense of closeness with the musician.
- Offer new subscribers the chance to download any free content you’ve offered your previous subscribers.
- These free downloads can be previews of upcoming songs, pictures of band rehearsals, etc.
- Another incentive for obtaining new subscribers is activate a hashtag to be used during certain times, such as before a CD release or concert. Have subscribers use these hashtags to speak about the music. Every subscriber that uses the hashtag will be automatically entered into a drawing to win either a free CD or VIP tickets to the next concert.